Tuesday, November 2, 2010


You have to know my husband...He's a very thrifty guy...doesn't like to throw anything away. Keeps everything in working order...repair...repair...repair. So when he decided to actually get rid of some old shirts...well...I couldn't resist. They were actually perfectly good shirts...Cotton/Linen Blend. So I took them and cut them up. As many 5" squares as I could, then 3 1/2, and then 2". I wasn't sure what kind of quilt I was going to make...but I knew a quilt was what these shirts were going to morph into. Today I dug in. I worked on the 5" squares first, making them into 9-patches (9 of em). A good start. I was working with plaids so I really couldnt cut them up further. I did a quick math note and a said a prayer then added the 2" squares to make 5" 9-patches. With me? I added 5"x14" solid sashing and Viola!! Woot!! Check out the picture! His Birthday is in early December so got to finish it by then and then can't wait to see the look on his face when he opens his present! LOL

2 comments:

  1. Roz - I FINALLY found your blog. What a wonderful idea for a quilt - your husband should truly appreciate this present. I'm going to start saving my husband's shirts from now on! See you tonight at the shop!

    ReplyDelete