Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tomato Sauce!

I made tomato sauce last night. Blanched those big red "Bringers of Italian joy", peeled the skin, and mashed em up.(please Nona forgive me, but I didn't remove the seeds). While I was doing that, in a big pot I sauteed some finely chopped onions, a few cloves of garlic in virgin olive oil, added oregano and bay leaves. Eventually the two pots were melded, a smidgen (that is a unit of measurement) of salt and sugar were added and a few hours later...ahhh the aroma! Viola! Tonight I added chicken pieces and jasmine rice...and oh yum! Great dinner.

Do you SEE what I have to contend with!!?? Making yummy dinners! and no zumba tonight... the instructor had to work. We're going to do it on Thursday. BTW fall is coming and Line dancing will be starting. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment