Sunday, August 28, 2011

Hurricane Irene

It's about 6am and the winds are a blowing. When I woke up I realized that we still have electricity so I put on the coffee and jumped online. I think that we're suppose to get the brunt of the hurricane today, Long Island is directly in its path. Mother Nature is a scary thing...earlier this week Long Island experienced an earthquake. Long Island never gets earthquakes. It lasted about 40seconds and it shook my office bldg. It was hard enough and long enough that everyone evacuated. That caused me fear, Where are my kids...are they ok....the cellphones are busy...take a deep breath, everything will be ok. Nothing bad came from that and we barely had a chance to think about it afterwards because the news turned to the incoming hurricane. For the past 3 days all we heard on radio was Irene is coming. Be prepared. Get Water, get batteries, get stuff!
And now she's here...It's Saturday, my 2 teenage kids are upstairs sleeping...my husband is still sleeping. I was watching the 80' pines in the front sway with the wind. I hope that this is a rough as she gets.
I'm going to try to cut some fabric for a quilt today to take my mind off the tree's.

No comments:

Post a Comment